[LAU] Jamming over WiFi?

nescivi nescivi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:18:10 EST 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009 09:25:40 Michal Seta wrote:
> The problem is that radio communication does not work well in closed
> spaces and, well, I was more than vague, but we will actually span
> several buildings (university campus).  So radio is going to fail.  We
> will be able to use the university's WiFi infrastructure.

>From my experience with university's WiFi (and cabled network) infrastructures
they tend to be very, very restrictive in what they let through and what not,
or have insane ways to get onto them that are tricky to get working with
Linux.
It may well be that in your tests ports were just blocked or bandwidth
limited.
So it's really worth checking out what e.g. netjack needs in terms of
bandwidth and ports and all, and then check with your university IT department
if that's possible on their network.

sincerely,
Marije