[LAU] further emagic woes

Der Mickster retroeffective at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 20:57:59 EST 2009

Hey guys,

Sorry, looks like the joy is premature. This is the kernel I built
with the driver edited in accordance with the specifications posted
earlier.

http://pastebay.com/71091

(dmesg, and here's the bit about the last boot from /var/log/messages
- it seems to include more information than plain dmesg output)

http://pastebay.com/71092

(looks like there's some jiggery-pokery going on with my hard drives
as well, but I don't think these problems are related).

On a side note, I've managed to tamper with the WinXP installer and
got me a minimal WinXP installation running off a flash drive - it
loads the firmware, and I'm capable of rebooting into Ubuntu with
loaded firmware which is then used by snd-usb-audio. I know it's
cheating, but . . . well, at least now I know the card itself didn't
expire of some unknown hardware ailment over the couple of months that
I wasn't using it. Ideas?

Mick.