[LAU] FOSS Ethernet Soundcard

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Tue Nov 24 05:26:04 EST 2009

Atte André Jensen wrote:

> I wonder why no company took up this idea already, it seems so sleek and
> logical. (Almost) every computer has ethernet and the ethernet standard
> is (in my experience) problem free...

A lot of companies are working on this, but for anything but a simple
audio in/audio out you need technology that's not yet available to the
broad public - at least not to the usual prices. Check out the AVB
specification (IEEE 802.1).

In the broadcast/studio segment, transport over ethernet is already in
use by some manufacturers.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net