[LAU] Club/House Tune made in Linux

Will Light visinin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 04:54:29 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> Not my style of music, but it's very well produced.
>
> That kick drum just CRUSHES though! It's meant for a proper club/DJ dancefloor sound system.
>
> How did you get the kick sound?

The base sound for the kick came from one of the Vengeance sample
packs, which are infamously used all over dance music.  That sound
itself is EQ'd slightly (dropped the mids), then run through a light
foldover distortion, a tube modeller (one of the CAPS ones), and a
compressor.  It's layered with a sound of what appears to be me
hitting something against a book (it's unlabeled, I'm not sure what
exactly I did to make it), which gives it a slightly more organic
sound.  That sound is compressed, gated a bit, and treated with the
same slight foldover.

Thanks for the feedback despite not being much for the style!
-w