[LAU] Compiling yoshimi

cal cal at graggrag.com
Fri Oct 2 02:20:02 EDT 2009

Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> The 'ccmake' and 'cmake' steps appear to work fine, but when I do
> 'make', nothing happens at all.  No errors, no compilations.  Anyone
> know what I should try next?

I just sent a direct response before I noticed the LAU post, so I'll
repeat it here as a general fyi:-

At the top level, the INSTALL file reads -
{{{
It's a CMake build. Simply cd to the src directory, then
   ccmake .
   cmake .
   make
   sudo make install
which builds an executable called yoshimi, installed by default in
/usr/local/bin.
}}}
The web page also instructs 'cd src, ...' :-) .

At the top level, there is a cmake structure, but it only sets up a 'tarball'
target for my convenience. No doubt you won't be the last to get confused by
it, so I should probably drop that from the tarball.

Hope that helps!

cheers, Cal