[LAU] AVLinux question

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri Oct 2 16:43:45 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 22:27:17 +0200
Giorgio <anomalsound at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know what you don't use now, what about telling me what you use? Do you
> agree with arnold 10, 01 1?

Right now I don't use any RAIDing or striping on my studio machine.  I
have 3 hard drives and a CD-RW (it's still IDE-based).  One drive's my
OS drive, one's my /tape drive with active sessions, and one's my
/tapebak drive with backups of active sessions and archives for older
sessions.

I have an rsync job that writes anything that's changed over to my
fileserver, which does use RAID 1+0 (mirrored and striped) to give me
both large filesystems and disk redundancy.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com