[LAU] MTC syncing Ardour to hardware sequencer as a slave

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Sun Oct 4 13:43:27 EDT 2009

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009, allan wrote:

> Sorry about the delayed response, but the mpc2000xl and earlier need
> the chip to do anything with MTC or SMPTE...

Actually, I don't think that's true for MTC, just for SMPTE.  After I
switched to using JackMidi rather than Midi straight through Alsa, it
worked.  I don't have the SMPTE option board.

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky