[LAU] From audio synthesis environment to plugin

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Mon Oct 5 06:18:53 EDT 2009

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 18:38:02 +0200
rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> wrote:

> hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> >

> > The issue is VST which is controlled by Steinberg and will always
> > be at least legal trouble.
> Ok VST is a problem, that's why I started this thread... but not many
> ontopic replies yet.
>

> [OT]You can complain about VST which isn't free, but software
> development is not always free.
> The Linux Audio community should find a way to pay developers who
> writing useful GPL code imho.
> Ardour is a good start, but we also need as good as possible
> instrument plugins and good websites to find them and documentation
> to use them...[/OT]

I don't remember saying anything about free.
Steinberg controls the technology and distribution of an essential part
of the technology. They could, at any time, remove the SDK from their
website and there would be no legal way for a user to obtain the SDK.

> But the question in this thread is whether or not the synthesis
> environment plugins (like csoundladspa) are a solution of having
> little good instrument plugins on Linux.
>
> \r

And you're apparently still ignoring faust for some reason.