[LAU] alsa midi and jack midi in qjackctl

Aurelien tyranorl at free.fr
Tue Oct 6 03:26:12 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 10:19:59PM +0200, Atte Andre Jensen wrote :
> Paul Davis wrote:
>
> >   (a) run the ALSA backend's JACK/ALSA bridge (-X seq on the command
> > line, or lower left
> >         corner of qjackct's setup dialog)
>
> If you mean the "midi driver" drop down, it's disabled here when I run
> through firewire...

Yes, FFFADO doesn't include this.

> > OR
> >
> >   (b) run a bridge client such as a2jmidid
>
> That works great, thanks for the hint!

By the way, it's interesting to know that you can either use it as a
daemon bridge (a2jmidid) or as a static bridge (which may be, I think,
described as a "pipe") by using a2jmidi_bridge and/or j2amidi_bridge.
I just precise this, because I turned a bit around before finding it
(the problem was that a2jmidid didn't catch every midi ports, for some
reason, especially for video and lights softwares).

> --
> Atte
>
> http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte

Aurélien