[LAU] Peter Geirnaert's 'breathing' Track.

Peter Geirnaert peter.geirnaert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 05:12:30 EDT 2009

adam faranda wrote:

> Another post on this list, led me to Peter's track
> 'Breathing-hihat-monster-stereo'. I found that while I was listening, I
> could feel my respiration and heart rate were trying to mirror the track,
> but only at the points where it's sound was within the range of human
> breathing. My dime-store hypothesis is that this is an effect of mirror
> neurons. The psycho-acoustic effect of this track would work really well in
> a dance mix?? Awsome Track !!!!

Thanks for these words, I just read them before going to a government's
administration fat guy and it helped me to keep myself calm :)

This track is a little playing with a PureData patch from PureData's help
files about a Looping Sampler.
To be more precise the file
/usr/local/lib/pd/doc/3.audio.examples/B08.sampler.loop.pd

I modified it only a little bit and recorded my breath to play with.

links:
listen <http://soundcloud.com/freqrush/breathing-hihat-monster-stereo>

sourcefiles:
breathing.sampler.loop.pd<http://sites.google.com/site/experimentalfrush/puredata/breathing-hihat-monster/breathing.sampler.loop.pd?attredirects=0>