[LAU] M-Audio FastTrack Pro, all four outputs in jack

Dan S danstowell+lxau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 09:58:49 EDT 2009

Hi all -

I use an M-Audio FastTrack Pro (USB soundcard) and it's nice - works
smoothly with jack - except that it has four audio outputs, presented
split into separate devices:

 * Device hw1:0 has the first two outputs
 * Device hw1:1 has the second two outputs and the two inputs

Jack will only connect to one of the two devices for output, so I
can't get four-channel output from my jack apps.

This thread <http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg23839.html>
suggests that using .asoundrc to aggregate the two devices into one
virtual device should work, but for me it simply doesn't, the virtual
device never shows up in qjackctl and even jackd from commandline
can't connect to it by name.

Has anyone experienced anything similar, and/or have any suggestions?
Crazy workarounds welcome.

Thanks
Dan
--