[LAU] a strange little song..

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 06:22:01 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I just recorded this song last night on qtractor.. guitar thru vamp2
bass direct in, vocals thu Sampson C01 and Behringer minimic800. Drums..
  soundfont.. and spent 2 mins on them !!:)

http://drop.io/jjoskmy

I think the song is way too high for my vocal range, and the mix seems
very suspect, but I'm not too sure about how to resolve it..

This is actually a song I wrote for my band (with a female singer),
which never seems to work very well, and I wanted to record it myself to
see where we are going wrong - I think I recorded it way too fast which
isn't a good start - should be more like 100bpm.. beyond that, it also
needs to be really tight to sound even slightly OK. I'm really
considering dropping it - but suggestions about how to improve the
overall sound/composition would also be appreciated!

James