[LAU] Command-line client naming

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Thu Oct 8 09:08:16 EDT 2009

In deed it is good, but what about it. I know that several good apps can do
it. Either via direct commandline switch or in Fluidsynths case, via setting
an internal variable, also via commandline switch. There are a couple of apps,
that don't do it, but sometimes there's only need for one of them at a time
and so a fixed name is quite allright or others work methodicaly using an
index for each new start, which is OK as well, if you respect the time when to
start what.
   I admit a few apps are beastly, in that they use PIDs (process IDs) to make
up the JACK client name, mplayer is such an example and I never got round to
changing it. I doubt whether in this case there is a way of doing so.
   Best,
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net