[LAU] a strange little song..

Bengt Gördén bengan at bag.org
Thu Oct 8 10:15:33 EDT 2009

On torsdag 08 oktober 2009 12:22:01 James Stone wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just recorded this song last night on qtractor.. guitar thru vamp2
> bass direct in, vocals thu Sampson C01 and Behringer minimic800. Drums..
>   soundfont.. and spent 2 mins on them !!:)
>
> http://drop.io/jjoskmy
>
> I think the song is way too high for my vocal range, and the mix seems
> very suspect, but I'm not too sure about how to resolve it..
>
> This is actually a song I wrote for my band (with a female singer),
> which never seems to work very well, and I wanted to record it myself to
> see where we are going wrong - I think I recorded it way too fast which
> isn't a good start - should be more like 100bpm..

I think that might be a bit to slow. At least for my taste. It seems that you
recorded it at 128bpm. If you try something around 110 it sounds more relaxed.

You can test other tempos with mplayer. Just calculate 110/128 and put that as
speed-option.

110bpm
mplayer -af scaletempo -speed 0.85 the_end_new.mp3

100bpm would be.
mplayer -af scaletempo -speed 0.78 the_end_new.mp3

/bengan