[LAU] Live CDs

jurgen noise.now at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 16:45:21 EDT 2009

On Oct 9, 2009, at 4:21 AM, Ray Rashif wrote:

> > Why in the heck does *anyone* complain about not finding rt-kernels?
>
> Beats me..I suppose they're searching for a ready-to-run binary most
> of the time so that is why they enquire whether there's any, before
> they go build their own :)

Not that I ever complained, actually I believe this is the first time
ever I post here.

Why not everybody builds 'his own'? I can't tell for the others, only
for me.

Because

- I can't do it - I never studied computer related anything
- I have other priorities, I make music, not software, and I'm much
older than you so I don't have the time again.

It sums up to the question: is it necessary to build your own guitar
in order to know how to play one?

I personally run AVLinux and it 'just works', including the rt-kernel
that comes with it. So I also don't understand the issue.

Best
Jurgen