[LAU] Live CDs

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 15:34:10 EDT 2009

2009/10/10 david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com>

> Kim Cascone wrote:
> >> Sadly though, the linux community still has many people who scream RTFM
> >> when people ask for help.
> >>
> > I find this has become rampant in the Linux community - whereas back in
> > 2006 when I started tinkering with Ubuntu on a PPC this was not the
> case...
> > there has been a huge influx of people who like brow beating someone
> > else in order to feel smarter e.g. better or superior to others...this
> > is weenie behavior
>
> Part of the geek culture is that it's good to learn new things, good to
> do things yourself, and everyone should be learning new things ...
>
> > and it's a shame that this sort of attitude exists, especially in the
> > music/audio FOSS community where educating others is imperative to
> > keeping our community growing and being innovative
>
> --
> David
> gnome at hawaii.rr.com
> authenticity, honesty, community

And it will always remain to be so, until at least the Linux kernel is
forked into a Linux-kernel-for-desktop where a MySQL regression is at the
bottom of the TODO =p

Anyway topic-diversion should stop here.

I've just installed Fedora to a 32GB UFD, and I'm looking to integrate CCRMA
with it. The
liveusb-creator is the most intuitive of the lot, and the final output is
neatly arranged into 4 folders. Persistence is seamless; I don't have to
answer questions to save anything. It just works. Ubuntu on the other hand
dumps a crapload of files to the UFD.