[LAU] lmms static through jackd

Peter Nelson peter at fuzzle.org
Sun Oct 11 07:06:20 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-10 at 08:02 -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Can't say I blame the devs for switching it over to Windows, especially
> if they're not going to bring its JACK support up to speed.
>
> There's a thread on LMMS over at KVRaudio. It's mostly concerned with
> the eye candy, they're not responding to any queries re: JACK, so I'm
> not hopeful about its development for Linux. And yes, they do refer to a
> name change in the near future.

I've spoken to the developers via IRC and they are actually interested
in improving JACK support, however they do not know how to do this. They
are open to any improvements, indeed they added the patch I supplied to
fix the misuse of JACK transport. Unfortunately it is quite a complex
program to get involved in.

On the audio side, plugins are run in separate threads and mixed
together. This is then put through a locking fifo buffer which the jack
process handler reads from.

Peter.