[LAU] lmms static through jackd

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 07:53:13 EDT 2009

> Sure it was made possible by Qt4, point is that they put more effort
> into porting it to windows than to fix existing issues, and there
> really are plenty, not only jack related. In my eyes it's a mountain of
> bugs held together by a shiny GUI.

No, they do not "put more effort into porting it to windows". I have
observed their development, albeit passively, for quite some time to know
where their efforts lie. Just because they implement something new while
issues remain to be open does not mean they no longer give more importance
to those issues.

>Prettifying its UI ought to be a secondary consideration until
>reliable audio stability is achieved.

There is an unnecessary amount of assumption and indirect hostility here.
They are not "prioritising" the "prettification" over pressing issues, but
they simply do not have solutions. When there is no solution to a pressing
issue, one doesn't "wait it out". If there are other areas where improvement
can be made and an external party is taking the initiative (someone
volunteered to redesign the UI), then would you not, as a developer,
entertain that effort? Or would you rather tell the initiator to "wait until
we solve those" when you don't even have a "due-in-version"?