[LAU] Controllable SF2 hosts cont'd.

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at joshuacorps.org
Sat Oct 17 17:38:32 EDT 2009

Frank Kober wrote:
> IRRC Soundcrab works nice, looks nice but none of the few native VST hosts managed to store the setup, in particular the loaded soundfont was subjected to some amnesia
> Cheers
> Frank

Yes, that's what I found.  It also regularly crashed both testing and
stable versions of jost.  Since jost is made by the same source, I have
decided to skip soundcrab.  Saving of setup was also the unavailable
essential in the others I tested, except timidity.  Through much
tweaking I got timidity to sound acceptable, but frankly, I hate loading
my system with arcana.  I can do arcana, I just don't choose to do so;
on gigs I want as straightforward as I can get to live the moment: I
don't gig with alphanumeric keyboard, just mouse.

Is there something akin to an easy way to zero-volume MIDI channels in
Qsynth?

Will be checking out Calf.  There appears to be a whole lot there.

The last three times I tried to use Lash, I couldn't get it to do much,
but it is sounding like a piece I am missing.  Anyone have something
like a document or example step-by-step?

J.E.B.