[LAU] rosegarden midi editor woes

Viktor Mastoridis viktor at mastoridis.co.uk
Sat Oct 17 20:35:47 EDT 2009

> I'm using rosegarden 1.7.3 (=latest release)
> I think this is the best tool to do midi editing for drums on Linux
> (please tell me if I'm wrong),
>
> Try MusE if you like. We (or rather Mathias) has put alot of love into the
> drum editor.

MusE has really nice developed drum editor, I agree. Give it a try.

i could mention some more things, it only takes me a couple of minutes
> to start hitting time-wasting oddities.

This is not a nice way to start a conversation, I believe. These people (the
developers) put their own free time and expertise in delivering some world
class audio/midi software. They do it out of love really, believe it or not.
Then, they free-willingly decide to share it with the rest of us.
We do not waste money on buying all this software (unless we decide to
donate which is advisable).
I guess we could "waste" some time then in checking whether it does the job
for us.
If it does - great!
If it doesn't, then we move on to another software, or OS altogether.

But anything less then thankfulness that one is given so much software (and
support) for so little money, is unacceptable, I believe.

--
Viktor Mastoridis
Music-o-Graph