[LAU] yet another yoshimi bug fix, -> 0.022

Edgar Aichinger edogawa at aon.at
Wed Oct 21 06:19:39 EDT 2009

Am Sonntag 18 Oktober 2009 03:31:49 schrieb Jonathan E. Brickman:
> Probably is it.  Take out -msse and -msse2 and -mfpmath=sse, and see
> what it does.
>
> Thanks for that hint - got it running now without those flags. :)
>

> Hmm. Why?
>
> What is wrong with the code that SSE breaks?
>
> -ken
>
>  Nothing wrong with the code.  The hardware being used included an AthlonXP
>  CPU, some models of which do not have SSE or SSE2, but instead have an
>  older technology, 3Dnow, only.  It is possible that using -m3dnow instead
>  of all of those might help some.  There is no -mfpmath=3dnow, though, I
>  checked the gcc docs.
>
>  J.E.B.

Well mine says it supports SSE only, but removing either of -msse2 or -
mfpmath=sse resulted in some compiler error about a headerfile IIRC, i had to
remove all the three options ccmake had chosen by default...

No time these days to investigate further. Will stay like that for at least
1-2 weeks as we are doing a bit of house renovation.

Edgar