[LAU] Test if Linux is ready for audio

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Thu Oct 22 09:48:28 EDT 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 23:25:36 -0700
Scott <lau at troutpocket.org> wrote:

> Ken Restivo wrote:
> > But it also caught this other weird thing I'd never heard of:
> > fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 524288
> >
> > Which was easy enough to fix.
> >

> What sort of problem were you having that changing that setting fixed?
>
> -Scott

I'm also very curious about this one as I've never heard of it before
and haven't seen any help that explains what it does.

It wrongly assumes a tmpfs has to be on /tmp and nice doesn't help with
rt stuff afaik.
I'm also not quite sure about the filesystem related stuff it checks
for, like the use of atime or whatever.

I'd say the script is a nice start but nothing to rely on or use as
definitiv guideline.