[LAU] patch librarian for roland xp-30

Atte Andre Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:48:07 EDT 2009

Peter Geirnaert wrote:

> Why not write a driver for JSynthLib? You can write drivers for library
> support only.

Hmm, see below...

> PS: I can't really help you with the librarian part as my drivers for
> SPD-11 can't send sysex back and I don't have any clue why.
> Maybe it will work when I install the next AVLinux that I just
> downloaded (my current install is messed up by too much experimenting).
> Maybe it's because I got something wrong in my driver.

Actually I fired a newly installed jsynthlib up and wanted to transfer a
few patches from my jv-80 and I couldn't get it working either. Sounds a
little like the problem you describe. I watched the communication in
kmidimon and it seems nothing is getting back to the computer from the
synth.

This is the reason I was looking for something else. I realize that the
most beneficial for the community (and probably me in the long run)
would be to solve the problem with jsynthlib and write a driver for
xp-30, but I'm a bit in a hurry, so I was hoping it Just Worked...

Might pursue it a final time tomorrow, just for the stress of it :-)

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte