[LAU] introducing l2ork

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Oct 23 16:55:09 EDT 2009

> I only encountered laptop orchestras while searching for tutorials to
build
> cheap sphere speakers and encountered the slork.
>
> I would like to hear some of them live. Are there any in germany?
>
> Or would some of the existing one have the money to do a group visit to
> the
> next lac?
>
> Have fun,
>
> Arnold

We've produced youtube videos on how to build one yourself. The videos are
linked from the L2ork page (see media->videos). You can also go for the
direct link at http://www.youtube.com/vtdisis

As for upcoming LAC, I am considering (barring any unexpected developments)
proposing bringing the whole group there. Naturally, there are a million of
hurdles to be overcome, including funding before that can become a reality.

FWIW, speakers we built are considerably cheaper than the alterantives, yet
sound amazingly well based on the preliminary tests we ran. As a matter of
fact our entire setup including laptop, soundcard, speaker, cables, and
wiimote/nunchuk runs under $750/seat, with speakers being around $250.
Obviously, time to build one is not factored into this.

Best wishes,

Ico