[LAU] ALSA doesn't speak to JACKD

HamRadio hamradio64 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 08:02:35 EDT 2009

Hi,
I've recently bought an Edirol FA66 firewire sound interface and it
works fine with FFADO 2.0-rc2 on my 64 bit Debian testing box.
However I just can use it with jackd-aware software, whilst all other
programs, first of all web browsers with (Adobe's) flash plugin etc.
etc., continue to play only through my onboard AC97 soundcard via
ALSA.
I've googled searching a solution to route alsa output to jackd,
setting an .asoundrc like in:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Jack_(plugin)
or also in:
but with no result until now.
Anyone here have perhaps some more hints to get alsa route its output to jackd?
Thanks in advance for answering.

toglimi.hamradio at toglimi.quipo.it
ANTI-SPAM: please cut "toglimi." for my real e-mail address.
Pentium4 3.00GHz, Linux 2.6.30.8-2-x86_64 on Debian GNU/Linux squeeze/sid
Registered Linux user #291116 http://counter.li.org