[LAU] A new orchestral pop-song from me

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Sun Oct 25 16:33:30 EDT 2009

I can't really offer anything really insightful to say, can't really
offer anything much beyond wow, that sounds really good and I enjoyed it.

There were a few points where I thought, "Oh dear, it's about to repeat
and drag on" but things took a sudden, interesting, turn in another
direction. I enjoyed the drumming (not that I am a drummer, it's just
something I often listen out for to try to improve my own programming --
it sounded interesting, natural and very well done to my untrained ear).

The only slight downside for me was that it's a little bit samey with
the piano being the lead instrument all the way through. The addition of
drums and the various symphonic elements add plenty of variety of
texture and timbre, but the lead is always the piano. There was a point
near the end were I felt it was crying out for a searing guitar solo
just for a little variety, along the lines of Andy Latimer -- tasteful,
melodic, symphonic even.

But yeah, wow. Thanks for sharing.