[LAU] A new orchestral pop-song from me

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Mon Oct 26 15:56:44 EDT 2009

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:06:44 +0100 (CET)
Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de> wrote:

> Hello to all of you!
>    I've just finished a new song. If I should describe it, I'd say
> orchestral or symphonic pop. Although the structure of it lacks the
> symphonic qualities. :-)
>    First of all the link:
> http://juliencoder.de/moonlight.ogg
>    Ahd this one is for the ogg-deficient :-)
> http://juliencoder.de/moonlight.mp3
>    The song was done in Nama, using a few of its new and exciting
> features. At the moment it's still in testing stage, but as you can
> hear, it's coming along very well. I used my usual bunch of sounds
> and effects. Only this time jconv took part in it (the piano and the
> trumpets). The song is called "Moonlight Cinema", because I wanted to
> call it "Moonlight music", then realised, that somehow it reminded me
> of a theatre or musical tune, so I got to the cinema.
>    As ever, feedback is welcome!
>    Enjoy it and have a nice day
>           Julien

So many people have answered by now, I'm sure you already know that this
is a very nice piece.
Personally I enjoy the beginning the most, piano only. This doesn't
mean the orchestration is bad, I think it's quite well done, but it's
such a nice sounding piece on it's own...

Regards,
Philipp