[LAU] Ubuntu and Linux & Open Source mentioned on BBC - this is getting big

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Tue Oct 27 15:02:30 EDT 2009

Viktor Mastoridis wrote:

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2009/10/24_hours_with_ubuntu.html
>
> I thought I share this with you guys. It was on the BBC main page today.
>
> Started as announcing Ubuntu's new release (9.10) on BBC, but goes on
> about Open Source in general, pros and contras.
>
> The second article has some quite enlightening responses from a wide
> array of computer readers - really interesting stuff to read.
>
> --
> Viktor Mastoridis
> Music-o-Graph
> & Educator
> www.MediTera.Co.Uk <http://www.MediTera.Co.Uk>

I spotted that this morning. I seem to recall at least one previous
release of Ubuntu being mentioned on the BBC News website -- I can't
remember whether or not it featured on the main page or just featured in
the Technology section. It might well have been the main page as I don't
often bother looking at Technology stories (usually yawnorama city about
Apple).

I can't make my mind up whether it was more, or less, likely to be
featured on the main page with it being so soon after the launch of
Windows 7 -- either way, it's good that it's getting high profile coverage.

Perhaps it's time for me to upgrade from 8.04...