[LAU] A new orchestral pop-song from me

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Oct 27 20:05:56 EDT 2009

Hello viktor!
   Thank you! thank you for listening, atuning your ears and your sharp mind to
it. this is a very thought-out and interesting feedback. but I think I should
disillusion you on one point: I spent only one day on that piece. I started
recording late saturday evening and finished early sunday evening. The melody
came into my head a few days before and I played it, whenever I got a moment.
   Yes I do feel a bit like you about the melody. I thought the piece needed
some vocals, but I couldn't think of anything fitting and I couldn't imagine
myself singing well enough, to NOT damage the piece. :-) thus I came to call
it moonlight cinema, because I too got the feeling of some kind of film or
theatre or show score.
   Thanks about the drumming. I took some time with those drums. I love drums,
unfortunitely I'm not as good as I used to be, or perhaps I want more
perfection and thus refrain from some stunts. :-) Still I hope it gets to be
more steady and solid and defintely natural-sounding and life-feeling.
   Thanks you ver much, Viktor!
   Warm regards
          Julien

--------