[LAU] Aeolus startup problem (was Prog rock instrumental)

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Thu Oct 29 20:45:46 EDT 2009

fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 11:21:22PM +0000, Q wrote:
>
>> Synaptic tells me I have version 0.6.6+2-4 and Stops 0.3.0-1. I'm
>> running Ubuntu Studio 8.04 (downloading 9.10 as I type).
>
> 0.6.6 is not as old as your cars, but has been replaced by
> 0.8.2 for almost two years now. And IIRC it had exactly the
> problem you report, and it has been fixed.
>
> If your new Ubuntu Studio release doesn't provide 0.8.2, you
> can get the sources from
> <http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/downloads/index.html>
>
> BTW, nice work !
>
> Ciao,

As I thought, user error -- too lazy to check for updates!

I know this may sound strange to many, but I think I've managed to get
this far without compiling anything! It can't be harder than tuning a
pair of carburettors, so I might give it a go (the download is going
slowly and I'm impatient!).

Out of interest, are there any other stop definitions besides Stops? Not
that I really need them, I'm no organist and there are plenty as it is,
but more is better, right?!

Thanks for listening and commenting and many thanks for your wonderful
creation!

Cheers