[LAU] Adding music to a avi video clip (Blender)

Emiliano Grilli emiliano.grilli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 06:05:42 EDT 2009

lanas <lanas at securenet.net> writes:

> All,
>
>   Our youngest son is experimenting with Blender and producing short
> video clips.  To which I'd like to add some music.  I would not have
> the time to get into Blender and explore the options of adding music
> natively in Blender, so I'd like to work with end-product avi clips.
>
>   What are then the ways to add music to a video clip ?  How could I
> sync a few Ardour tracks to a playing video clip and have the result
> recorded as a new video clip ?

You could use xjadeo, which is a video player that can sync to
jack_transport. It requires a special format video so you may be
required to convert it beforehand. Then you can compose the soundtrack
in ardour while having the video synced.

Once you've finished you can export a wav from ardour, and then add it
to the original video with avidemux, a GUI for video encoders and tools.

> Thanks for any ideas/suggestions/hints.

HTH

--
Emiliano Grilli