[LAU] qjackctl gets confused when used through ssh -X

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sat Oct 31 20:15:25 EDT 2009

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 10:38:26AM +1100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> I guess it's because currently the change state is held in memory
> whereas allowing multiple instances will not provide a way to update
> the change state without a significant modification to the existing
> code?

That does not affect multiple instances running on
different hosts (but displaying on a single one).

It has always been possible to run more than one jackd
on the same machine (using different soundcards).
If after > 5 years of existence qjackctl still can't
handle that that situation, what's can be expected for
the future ? (It's probably the result of using the
toolset's (Qt) default configuration system, which
also results in the config file ending up in the
wrong place).

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.