[LAU] What Live is about (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Sep 1 09:06:56 EDT 2009

On 09/01/2009 10:39 PM, Michael Bohle wrote:

> Thank you for this. It makes me crazy when I read "You don't need fancy apps like this, hydrogen is good enough" or "sooperlooper do the job".

You are clearly misreading the conversation so far.

We have been discussing the finer points of the interfaces and workflow
and how to take some of the features and integrate them with existing
apps to make the workflow of existing apps more familiar. Others have
suggested to start from scratch with the goal of completely replicating
AL. I find that quite a bizarre concept.

> I use AL because it is a masterpiece of music software and it fits my needs for a creative workflow. It is the state of art today and contemporary technology for musicians. It is no hype, it is an answer for the question: How you can make music without touching the limits of software.
>
> When I read "just put together a few apps on Linux with JACK  and you have the same"

When did you read this?

No one has said we have the same but some people have said we have a
comparable and productive environment that can be leveraged.

If we are not building the apps to meet some of the expectations of some
of the users then there is nothing left to do as most of us developers
are fairly happy with the work that has been achieved so far.