[LAU] What Live is about (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Sep 1 09:13:24 EDT 2009

On 09/01/2009 09:26 PM, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 20:09 +1000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>

>> Often progress only happens in very small increments.
>>
> Adding zero is no increment.
>

> Supporting development (by own effort or financially) of:
> - Qtractor to reach its goal (I guess Rui is very content with how
> things go, though, and why shouldn't he?)
> - Addition of per-pattern play and a track/scene matrix to Ardour (if
> Paul agrees generally and on specifics)
> - Development of a backend that offers a set of features containing
> those outlined earlier, to then continue with adjusting one or the other
> existing app or writing a new frontend.
>
> would be somewhat realistic courses of action, IMO.
>
> Breaking out of the conceptual limitations of Hydrogen, LMMS,
> Sooperlooper much less so. In all those cases I think what's lacking
> weights much more than what is present. I mean this solely in the
> context of AL-likeness.

You are contradicting yourself here. You say you not to build on
existing apps that are identified as being similar to parts   of the AL
model yet you also say to implement a new backend for the purpose of
integrating with existing apps.

You complain about this topic being discussed but you inform us to
discuss it and implement a solution.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd