[LAU] Fwd: What Live is about (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

Michael Bohle opendaw at jacklab.org
Tue Sep 1 11:17:02 EDT 2009

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

----- original Nachricht --------

Betreff: Re: [LAU] Fwd: What Live is about (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)
Gesendet: Di, 01. Sep 2009
Von: Ray Rashif

Here's a quote from a guy I once met in an audio lecture:

"Ableton is good for Metal"
Woops?

Yes, thats my experience, too. I just started to form a new german progressive metal band. The music is produced 100% with AL 8. We use only virtual amps, synths, sampler and drums, but play them traditional with hands and fingers on guitar, bass or midikeyboard/drum. We create loops and work with scenes, arrange them later to a "traditional" song. Most of the guitar riffs made with the audiolooper and also the temporary vocal tracks. A new way of composition and arrangement, but all musicians that participate in the creative process are very happy with the workflow.

I also make electronic/ambient music, alone. Then I use AL as an instrument - triggered by voice, guitar, keyboards.

Michael

--- original Nachricht Ende ----