[LAU] rtirq usage

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Sep 3 02:06:29 EDT 2009

On 09/03/2009 03:55 PM, Louis Gorenfeld wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>    The IRQ number I don't believe has to do with priority much anymore.
>   What you want to be higher is the RTPRIO number.  It looks like
> neither of these are really prioritized... I remember rtirq being
> pretty smart and being able to automatically grep for your sound card
> IRQ and adjust the rt priority.. in this result, have you already run
> rtirq?
>
> Louis

I have rerun rtirq after adding the wifi card to the conf file and found
that the wifi card is set to 70 while the snd card is set to 85.

There are a few interrupts in between for the usb and the video devices.

What I am seeing is a massive spike in xruns when running a gui app taht
connects to jack (even qjackctl) but nothing when playing a track from
the commandline ie mplayer -ao jack. This only happens if the wifi
module is installed. Without it there are no xruns for days.

Unfortunately the snd the video device are on the same irq.

Does anyone have an idea for why the gui system would become unstable
when the wifi device is added?

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd