[LAU] off topic (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Sep 3 07:01:34 EDT 2009

cunnilinux himself wrote:
> in fact, there is no more real need to learn anything.

Ah, at last, an honest post.

You are correct. No further need for musicianship or even any real
technical knowledge of studio arts and practices. Just switch to
Windows, buy mucho VSTs, press the big "Proceed" button, and away we go.
No more need to concern ourselves with context or relevance, we can at
last wallow in an orgy of self-congratulatory pop.

No fear, I'm pretty sure you were being facetious. Nevertheless I'm
prompted to re-post links to these most valuable tools:

    http://www.theinternetnowinhandybookform.com/schmapple/dreamonpro.html

    http://www.rane.com/pi14.html

Quite frankly, if you don't have one of these babies it's indisputably
conclusive that you can't possibly create decent or even listenable
music. Of course no Linux drivers are available, but anyone using Linux
for music is by definition an uncreative loser and utterly unlikely to
do anything remotely artistic. Artistry is dependent upon plugins, and
plugins means VST.

EOF.

;)

Best,

dp

PS: My musical philosophy is inspired in part by the great
harpsichordist Wanda Landowska. Two comments of hers are daily
watchwords to my musical thoughts:

"There is no such thing as an easy piece of music."

"Music is not a progressive art."