[LAU] which audio synthesis environment?

sh0099 sh0099 at gmx.de
Thu Sep 3 23:59:49 EDT 2009

Grammostola Rosea schrieb:
> sh0099 wrote:
>
>> Grammostola Rosea schrieb:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> How to choose a audio synthesis environment? Why and when Pd,
>>>

>> graphical programming
>>

> *Sounds/style:*
> You can use pd with csound right? Is it also possible with pd and
> supercollider? and with chuck?

i don't know what is possible with pd and csound in supercollider it is
not really intended to use with csound.

> And what about the sounds you can make with? Is there a difference
> between them?

i personally would say that the sound is the same ... but there are
always some esoteric around.

one point is that it is not that easy to setup a multiphonic synth in pd.

> What kind of musicians use the different environments?
>
> *video:
> *I know you can do video art with pd and gem. What about the other
> environments? Can you make video art with them?

currently there is no video suport in sc and csound and i don't think in
chuck.
somebody is writing a Supercollider supported OpenGL-server but this is
not finished now.