[LAU] Rui Gui questions...

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sun Sep 6 18:10:54 EDT 2009

Ray Rashif wrote:
> Rui, just a quick question (and sorry for hijacking):
>
> QJackCtl will insist on patchbay persistence even if it's been deleted
> after being activated the last session. Upon startup it will complain
> that the file doesn't exist anymore. One has to edit it out from
> .config/rnbc and there seems to be no way via the GUI to "delete" a
> saved patch. Am I just goofy or is this true?

we both agree that a patchbay definition is a file (.xml) which resides
on your file system.

if you delete thee file while it has been set as active patchbay,
qjackctl will complaint about it next time you run it, thats for sure.
you have two choices: you either activate another one instead or just
leave no active patchbay.

see also Setup.../Options/Connections/Activate Patchbay persistence
option if you feel desperate ;)

and no, there's no way to delete a patchbay definition file from within
qjackctl. you can create, load, save them anytime but removal is up to
you (via your favorite file manager, for instance).

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org