[LAU] OT: unbalanced to balanced

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 23:16:09 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 7:27 PM, James Cameron<quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:
> It's odd that you say it is a "mono amp", but I guess you might mean a
> monolithic amplifier module.

Hi James,

I mistakenly assumed that the amp was monophonic, but in fact I
misunderstood what was really going on.  It is a stereo amp, which I
was able to confirm earlier tonight.  The braid is ground, and the two
leads are L and R.

I've been searching far and wide for a practice amp in kit form.  I've
found one:

http://www.getlofi.com/?page_id=1721

Others exist, but are just in schematic form, no kit:

http://www.runoffgroove.com/ruby.html

It sure would be nice to know of others.  I've destroyed enough nice
computer speakers for one day!  :)

Thanks again for all of this very useful information from everyone.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com