[LAU] PortAudio and Audacity+jack

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Sep 10 11:42:22 EDT 2009

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Scott wrote:
>

>> I didn't explain my purpose for using Audacity.  I use it to play MP3 files, but also
>> to change their tempo while preserving the pitch so I can learn drum and guitar parts
>> for complicated riffs.  It's excellent for this purpose.  I've tried a few other tempo
>> control apps before but they were excessively choppy.  It's been a while so if anyone
>> can recommend one that works better than Audacity these days, I'd love to hear it.
>>

> Try rezound

I use ReZound for editing and Audacity for Scott's purposes. Audacity's
Change Tempo is much beloved by my students (and their teacher too). The
Change Pitch feature is also useful when the original has been tuned
down to Eb or lower. I can raise the pitch to standard tuning and teach
the song without having to retune the student's instrument. Nice.

Best,

dp