[LAU] zyn and the art of software maintenance

cal cal at graggrag.com
Thu Sep 17 00:39:20 EDT 2009

Josh Lawrence wrote:
> I am receiving this error when I build:
>
> josh at studiobox:~/src/yoshimi-0.009/src$ make
> [  1%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/yoshimi.dir/MusicIO/JackEngine.cpp.o
> /home/josh/src/yoshimi-0.009/src/MusicIO/JackEngine.cpp: In member
> function ‘bool JackEngine::Start()’:
> /home/josh/src/yoshimi-0.009/src/MusicIO/JackEngine.cpp:90: error:
> ‘jack_set_info_function’ was not declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/yoshimi.dir/MusicIO/JackEngine.cpp.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/yoshimi.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> This might be useful, I am running Debian Lenny:
>
> josh at studiobox:~/src/yoshimi-0.009/src$ jackd -v
> jackd 0.109.2
>
> I also have libjack-dev installed.  Am I doing something wrong?  Any
> help would be appreciated, I'm excited about this!

As best I can tell, jackd 0.109.2 didn't have jack_set_info_function. While
the jack info callback doesn't serve any huge purpose in this context, and
therefore could be left out of yoshi, 0.109.2 was released January 2008,
which is a long, long time ago. I suggest you consider installing an up to
date version of jack. On lenny, that'll probably mean compiling it yourself.
If you go that way, getting rid of the debian jackd mess first is very
important.

cheers, Cal