[LAU] zyn and the art of software maintenance

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Sep 17 08:31:15 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 4:22 AM, Atte Andre Jensen
<atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> cal wrote:
>
>> If you go that way, getting rid of the debian jackd mess first is very
>> important.
>
> I seem to remember Paul Davis advised to install *on top of* the debian
> installation, could you please correct me if I'm wrong, Paul?

my preferred approach to this problem is to use the distro package
manage to remove the package without checking dependencies (for
rpm/yum, that means using the --nodeps flag), and then run ./configure
--prefix=/usr when building JACK.

there are variants on this, of course.