[LAU] need some advice before upgrading JACK

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Sep 18 10:59:42 EDT 2009

Greetings,

64 Studio 2.1 is a wonderfully stable and reliable system, one I've used
profitably for quite a long time now. Alas, it's definitely out-of-date,
and its version of JACK is the lamentable 0.109.2, and it's causing some
problems with AVSynthesis that I'd like to finally resolve by upgrading
JACK.

I have 64 Studio 3.0 beta on my laptop, but I don't plan to upgrade the
production machine until 3.0 reaches a stable public release. Meanwhile
I'll be pleased if I can safely upgrade some of its components.

Here's the question: I've successfully compiled JACK 0.116.2 and JACK2
1.9.3, so in the opinions of my fellow LAUyers, which is the better
choice for this system ? If I move to JACK2 will I need to recompile my
JACK-savvy apps ? (That's not usually a problem.)

I await the dawn. :)

Best,

dp