[LAU] [Zynaddsubfx-user] zyn and the art of software maintenance

cal cal at graggrag.com
Sat Sep 19 05:42:54 EDT 2009

Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Here the build fails at the linking stage with undefined refs to
> gzopen & co. I do have gzip and devel files installed.

I still don't see how it manages to link (for some) as is, so I've added
a check for libz to CMakeLists.txt, which then explicitly adds libz to the
link mix. Hopefully that'll fix it for you, but I can't really tell.

>From Will J Godfrey's list of quirks, I think I've fixed
  - silent failure when a couple of required resources weren't found
  - the wandering instrument name on main panel

And so there was 0.011, <http://www.graggrag.com/zyn/yoshimi-0.011.tar.bz2>

I believe there's a couple of remaining quirks related to a very tentative
attempt to replace some of the multitude of char [] allocations with
std::string, eg part name and friends. I figure it'll come down to either
fixing those and taking that effort further, or simply reverting to the
original (and reasonably well behaving) form. Advice anyone?

cheers, Cal