[LAU] [Zynaddsubfx-user] zyn and the art of software maintenance

cal cal at graggrag.com
Sat Sep 19 14:58:40 EDT 2009

Folderol wrote:
> [...]
> I can confirm that both the addsynth and subsynth parameter controls
> seem to be working fine at quite a deep level, also effects reverb,
> chorus, phaser & distortion are responding as I'd expect.

There's something I've wondered about regarding effects volume controls that
you may or may not be able to help me with - as is, if it's an insertion effect,
its volume control is straight linear in effect, while on a non-insertion effect
it's logarithmic. I've wondered whether a log or pseudo-log characteristic on
the insertion effect might yield good things. I'm leaving it alone until I
figure out how, where and why to evaluate the results of such a change though :-).
There's a few potential candidates for such a change, so I'm curious.

cheers.