[LAU] [ot] encrypted directory

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon Sep 21 16:34:08 EDT 2009

Hello Lutz!
   I've tried making a crypted volume with cryptsetup and later with truecrypt,
all to no avail. Perhaps you can help me a bit further. My aim is to create a
file on an existing partition containing the container of the cryptsetup or
truecrypt. The creation with both of them seems to be no problem. But mounting
is a problem.
   With cryptsetup I did something like:
losetup /home/volume /dev/loop0
   Then create the container with the command given and then trying to mount
it. But when trying to mount it I get something like:
Error: no key available
   With truecrypt it's a dev-mapper thing. Complianing of a failed ioctl. My
kernel contains the basic dm, all the algorythms and cryptoloop.
   Can you point out something, that might help me to solve this issue, with
either of them.
   Kindest regards
           Julien

--------