[LAU] Bagpipe(Medieval) Plugin - Who wants to develop one with me?

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:27:34 EDT 2009

It sounds like an interesting idea, but I don't really understand what
you have against csound or sc? LV2 plugins would still rely on similar
underlying processing.

And you are interested in using samples, but not keen on making a gig file?

Can you roughly outline how you would see the samples being integrated
into the synth. How would it differ from what's possible with gig?

I think bagpipes are perhaps the hardest instrument to get to sound
even OK on a computer, but perhaps that is partly from the lack of
pipes musicians being involved in the creation process.. This could be
very nice!

I should point out now that I have absolutely zero skills in
programming lv2 or similar, so I'm unlikely to be of much help in this
project. I would have thought the gig format might be the best
approach for a sample-based instrument though?

James