[LAU] Hardware VST host?

Michael Bohle opendaw at jacklab.org
Tue Sep 22 09:11:09 EDT 2009

> Just wondering, could a hardware VST host be another solution for the
> 'VST-problem' on Linux?

There is no VST problem on Linux - we have Jack, Hydrogen, Zynadd, LADSPA and LV2. We don't need this shiny bloated closed source VST with all this uncreative presets.

> http://www.smproaudio.com/english/products/v-machines.html

All this "Hardware" are running Linux inside with Wine. (btw SM Pro Audio "catched" Kunitoki (JOST), who ported lot of VSTs to Linux ) But the vendors don't open up the specs how it works. But anyway, we don't need VST. We need GPL and source code.

;)
Michael