[LAU] From audio synthesis environment to plugin

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:53:54 EDT 2009

Atte Andre Jensen wrote:
> rosea grammostola wrote:
>
>> @ Atte, Any results from your research yet?
>>

> supercollider seems like a no go
>
> pd has some possibilitites, the easiest would be to make the
> http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~jsarlo/pdvst/ work on linux. I mailed the
> author, but didn't get a reply back just yet.
>
> csound has csoundvst, which should work, just have to figure out where I
> can download it (there seems to be no official releases, or something)...
>
> So csound seems closest...

A little OT, but when you talk about VST (hardware) hosts (see other
thread), you got a lot of replies and also comments that we don't need
VST cause we have enough plugins...

But you don't get many response, when you actually have a idea to
improve the plugin situation in a GPL manner...

Maybe people think the plugin situation on Linux doesn't have to be
improved, but I can't believe (sorry about that) a zynaddsubfx (which
acts pretty unstable with jack and have clicks and pops) and plugins
like hexter can satisfy the needs of, let's call them professionals.

\r